Quick facts about Bonita Springs, FL
- Bonita Springs which is 106 miles W of Miami is situated along the Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Bonita Springs has long been inhabited, when Ponce De Leon sailed along the beaches and met the Calusa Indians in 1513, there were already thousands established here.
- The area was first recorded as “Survey” with the river being named “Surveyor’s Creek”, but was later changed to Bonita Springs for more sales appeal.
- With the invention of air conditioning, a new major airport (RSW), and the opening of Interstate 75 population greatly increased in the 80s and 90s.
- Bonita Springs is part of the Cape-Coral Fort Myers, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.As of 2016 the population for Bonita Springs was 43,914.
Bonita Springs Area Attractions:
Lovers Key State Park | Center for the Arts | Bonita Beach Park | Water Sports | Mini Golf Everglades Wonder Gardens | Greyhound Track | Bonita Beach Dog Park | Flamingo Island Flea Market
Best Places to Eat in Bonita Springs!