Quick Facts about Naples, FL
- Naples is one of the wealthiest cities in the US, with the sixth highest per capita income in America.
- Through the late 1800s journalists compared the area to the peninsula of Italy for its comparison of sunny weather and abundant fishing. Thus the name Naples caught on from promoters describing the bay as “surpassing the bay in Naples, Italy.” After the completion of the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples and the railroad made Naples its final destination, major development was anticipated but halted by WWII and the Great Depression.
- Naples is part of the Naples-Marco Island, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of 2016 the population for Naples was 322,000.
- "Golf Capital of the World" - with more than 80 local championship golf course this title is well earned!
Naples area Attractions:
Naples Pier | Delnor-Wiggins Pass | Ritz Carlton at Vanderbilt Beach | Ritz Carlton – Tiburon | Naples Zoo | Naples 5th Avenue | Artis Naples | Everglades National Park | Waterside Shops | Tin City
Best places to eat in Naples!
- Ristorante Limoncello – A unique combination of extraordinary Italian cuisine & exquisite décor!
- The Turtle Club – Naples Beachfront Dining.
- Brooks Gourmet Burgers & Dogs – Casual spot for a gourmet burger or dog plus a beer.
- Baleen Naples – High-end Dining with a modern, seafood focused menu. Ocean Views!